Production 5 - Magazine Layout and Image Editing
After looking at several more food magazines online, I began to alter my formatting slightly. My title page is remaining the same, but I found inspiration for more eye-catching text for the table of contents. I also decided I wanted to incorporate more of the photos I took, so I can reference specific things going on in either the pie-making process or with my grandma.
I also used photoshop to edit the background of the pie and used a picture I took of a wooden table as the background instead. This made the front cover feel warmer and more welcoming. Then, I adjusted the color scale of the wood to make it more orange, and I made the pie lighter to create contrast.
For the picture on the first page of the feature article, I wanted to make my grandma stand out, so I blurred the background. This focused on her and how she was peeling the apples. I still need to write filler content for these pages, and I want to play around the the article titles included on the front cover. This is what they look like at the moment. I will explore lighter font colors to avoid the white boxes, but I like the cleanliness the boxes create.
Comments
Post a Comment