Production 4 - Feature Article
I finished writing my feature article about the steps my grandma follows to make her apple pie and the family traditions that going along with baking in my family. One that I found particularly interesting was the aprons that have been made and passed down through generations. Upon my arrival, my grandma brought me into her closet to show me what she was most excited about... her apron selection. She showed me all of the options and told me who in our family made each of them. We ended up deciding on the farm animals one that her great-grandmother made years ago.
Also I have to include my favorite part of our little baking extravaganza. So, after she did a significant part of the pie making, I would leave and sit in my car in the driveway so her exposure would be limited. Because of this, she would try to work on setting things up in advance, so I wouldn't have to wait as long. However, one of the things she chose to cut corners on was putting the parchment paper in the oven long before the pie was close to ready. You can only imagine what that led to. While I was waiting in the car, my grandma literally started a fire in her oven.
Comments
Post a Comment