Storyboard

Creating my storyboard was pretty simple considering the amount of research I had done related to graphic design elements and magazine layouts. I enjoy print design, such as the making of a magazine, and have a lot of experience with it so this part of the storyboarding process was fun. I also am naturally drawn to academic projects that involve artistic and creative elements, which made me enjoy designing my magazine. In terms of concept refinement, storyboarding helped me nail down exactly how much room I would need for specific elements of the magazine like the feature article and incorporated interview. An article that I found helpful while storyboarding was “Filmmaking across the curriculum: a beginner’s guide” because it explained how beneficial it was to carefully plan a movie before filming, which I translated to this magazine project. Along with this article, I also read an article on specifically storyboarding and the role it plays in the brainstorming and execution of anything from start to finish. In this article, “Storyboard your way to success,” two types of sessions were identified in terms of storyboarding: creative-thinking and critical-thinking. After evaluating my progress, I can confidently say I am working through the critical-thinking session and my clear storyboarding has shown that I have developed a coherent idea. 






Comments